Arrival at Sofia Airport . Transfer by bus to Starosel Complex with local guide (around 2 hours) After check in, you’ll find free time to enjoy the SPA. Followed by wine tasting and welcome dinner at Starosel Complex.
Depart from Starosel Complex at 10 am and drive to Todoroff Wine cellar.TODOROFF wine cellar is the first boutique cellar in Bulgaria which paves the way for a new style in wine making. It features:
- production of small batches of high-quality red and white wines
- strict technology control and preliminary quality analysis of the raw material
- individual approach to each client.
(1 hour). Tasting of 5 wines followed by lunch.
Departure at 2 pm for Starosel for Tracian cult complex.The Chetiniova Mogila itself sits on a natural hill, overlooking the entire surrounding area. It has been an influential cult complex centre. Judging by some architectural specifics of the temple in the mound, it has been probably erected circa the turn of the 5th c B.C. It has functioned for some hundred years, being then desecrated for unknown reasons: partially destroyed, filled with earth and blocks of the construction, the upper part of the staircase has been walled up and the hill remade so that not to show any signs of a building in its depths. Materials found in several pits around the crepidoma date back to the mid-4th and the early 3rd cc. B.C., thus setting the chronological time frame of the use of the sacred place and the subsequently built temple. It is highly probable that that the facility has been commissioned by the Thracian King Sitalkes, immortalized by Xenophon in his Anabasis as a king in the mid-5th c. B.C., who got killed in the last quarter of the same century.
Departure at 6.30 pm & arrival at Starosel Complex . There’s time to enjoy the spa followed by a free evening.
Check out of hotel at 9:30 am and drive to Plovdiv . You’ll enjoy a guided tour of Plovdiv and its old town. As well as free time for lunch to try the local restaurants and traditional dishes. The afternoon and the rest of the day is free to enjoy Plovdiv. Sleeping in Plovdiv – Landmark Creek Hotel.
Depart Plovdiv at 10 am to visit the Bachkovo Monastery. You’ll enjoy lunch at a traditional restaurant close to the monastery. After which, there’s transfer to Villa Yustina for a tasting of 5 wines. Followed by a visit to the ruins of an early Christian Red Church. Finally, you’ll return to Landmark Creek Hotel.Dinner in the hotel (or nearby restaurant – optional).
After breakfast, you’ll check out of the hotel and drive to Sofia Airport .Optional free or organized time in Sofia for those with a late flights.
780€ sharing a room + €150 single supplement
- 4 nights bed and breakfast
- 2 dinners and 2 lunches with wine at wineries – 4-course Welcome Dinner at Starosel Wine Estate, Lunch at Todoroff winery
- Tastings at 3 different wineries in all;
- Guided tours of Plovdiv and Old Town Plovdiv with a local guide
- Visit to Bachkovo Monastery (the second largest monastery in Bulgaria) and the Red Church (early Christian church from 4th century A.D.)
- All ground transportation mentioned in itinerary
- Transfer from/to Sofia airport
- Tour leader
- Flight tickets
- Meals and beverages not mentioned in the tour description
- Travel and medical insurance (please consult your insurance provider)
- Visa fees, if applicable
- Personal extras and incidentals